Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Barbie Cake.

So you know those cakes that were SUPER huge in the 80's with the barbie?  After several online tutorials and much much wishing for one, I finally made one.. for my nice.. I think she turned like 5 or 6 this year. It took 3 days and a lot of patience to finish it. I think If I didn't get frustrated, and had the whole day to work on it, I could have easily finished it in one day. 

I think all of the effort, time and frustration payed off with her face when she saw the cake. IT was PRICELESS. She was completely speechless and I think  she even cried. 










 After I saw what "talent" I had, I decided to make one for my school's auction. It didn't look as well but it pulled in $55 for my graduating class. It was the cake that was worth the most. I didn't go that day.. I think I had something to do, but the next day everybody wanted to place an order for a cake like this.  I haven't made one like this since, but one day I will.. and its going to be AWESOME!


No comments:

Post a Comment