Monday, October 28, 2013

Summer 2013 Check-in.

WOW!  I find that I veered from the path I had envisioned for myself this summer.
  Goals:
1. Read a novel in french and understand it!!
       I took 5+ years of french and I LOVE the language. I have since disregarded it for the most part and I have decided hat enough is enough! I will read a book and get back in to my french speaking days.

2. Understand and apply PURE LEISURE in my life!!
    I study Recreation and Leisure and I have seen where I lack these traits severe-ly in my life. I have studied my roommate's leisure habits and found that she has a lot of satisfaction from the small things. I will go back to enjoying these small things and LOVE everything that comes my way. I  plan on studying children's recreation patterns and see where I have changed and stopped getting this satisfaction. I will spend less time on the bottom of Nash's Pyramid and more time on level 3-5 ( 5 is based off of the Ancient Greek belief that in helping others one is helping themselves.. so in other words.. MORE SERVICE)

3. Cross 3 things off my buket list ( life long)

4. At the end of every day I will write down a good leisure thing I  did during the day as well as tender mercies.

5. I will spend more time outside. My color will be a nice golden sun kissed shade.

6. I will Make memories that will last a life time and make Summer 2013 MEMORABLE

7. I Will go to one home coming this summer.

8. I Will find a minimum of two ancestors.

9. I will read a historical novel on a country in Central or South America.

10. I will meet a Colombian a week OR sit and listen to someone's life story a week. I will learn to LOVE people.


1I got part way through my french novel before I forgot about it.
2I did study pure leisure, didn't apply it as well as I wish I would have.. it was definately there and I was practicing it.
3. With the help of my two best friends, I had a small garden. There were a couple of mistakes, and it wasn't as fruitful as I would have wished, but I got a couple of herbs out of it before the heat killed it.
4. I was not consistent with writting leisure and tender mercies. 
5. I DID spend more time outside. I rarely got in a car, and my main mode of transportation was a bicycle. my shade wasn't the one I wished for, but it was better than before!
6. DEFINATELY did this! The whole making a garden thing was AWESOME! Not only because I grew a couple of things, but I DID immerse myself in it completely, but because that meant spending more time with my best friends. I had the WONDERFUL opportunity to know what being a parent was like. I nannied a 2 yr old and a baby less than 6 months old. It was crazy awesome. Some days were better than others, but I got to learn more about love and what it is that I have to look forward to.  I got my mission call and will be spending the next 18 months serving a full time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Days Saints in Sonora, Chihuahua!!!  My best friends met with the missionaries multiple times.  Leilani and I rode our bikes to the swimming pool in our bathing suites. LEGIT!  I did NOT end up in the ER. My two monkeys and I went out and did crazy things together all of the time. We got closer and further.
7.  Nope. :(
8. YES! I found like 8! all sibblings!!! I also taught my mom how to do Family History. 
9. I didn't read any historical novels or biographies. :( It was more fiction and council.
10. I Didn't meet many Colombians but I did meet tons of new people. my favorite was this Lady on the bus I sat next to every day. She had a simmilar job as I did, got paid about the same and did more work than me. Yep. I felt blessed! I could sleep at work if I wanted to. If I wanted to leave, I could etc.

Even though I did not acomplish all of  my goals, I had a fun summer. Memorable indeed.






No comments:

Post a Comment